I never thought an article would appear about Bruce Campbell on a site about learning Japanese and Japan. But here we are. For those of you not in the know, Bruce Campbell was a cult film actor who starred in many B-movies in the 80s and 90s, and is most remembered for the old Evil Dead series. I’ve always been a big fan, but am aware his connection with Japan is zero. Or is it? Can Japan make Bruce Campbell better? Yes. Yes it can.
5. Army of Darkness was called Captain Supermarket (キャプテンスーパー)
4. “Evil Dead” was translated into 死霊のはらわた or “Dead Ghost Intestines”
3. There are many Japanese fans of the Evil Dead series. Check out these Amazon reviews.
2. There are rumors that Bruce Campbell is actually Japanese comedian 有田哲平 (Arita Teppei)
1. You can’t help but smile in joy at the Japanese dubbed trailer for Evil Dead, which also happened to be uploaded all the way back in 2006 (only a year after YouTube’s creation)
And all is well in the Bruce Campbell world. Now I just need to get my hands on a Japanese dubbed Army of Darkness…
Latest posts by Adam (see all)
- Using Audible Japan to Shadow and Immerse in Japanese - 03/23/2017
- Should I Study Vocabulary in Addition to Jalup Beginner? - 03/19/2017
- Jalup Updates – Goals, Search, Audio, and More - 03/16/2017