Jalup NEXT is the new alternative platform to Anki on Jalup where you turn the heat up on your Japanese studying over 9,000 degrees. You can use Anki, or NEXT, or both.
If you are new to Jalup NEXT, read the full introduction/explanation here.
● Currently working on Jalup Advanced (about 75% finished)
● Currently working on some new, requested features (details to come later)
● Currently working on some requested bug fixes (time zone issue, refresh time out, card penalty adjustment)
You can now convert your Anki deck progress into Jalup NEXT progress. Come on over to the light side :)
– Jalup Advanced is taking quite a bit longer than we thought. Currently we are close to about halfway finished with it.
– Working on the viability of another new major feature. More details provided once we figure out a timeline.
– Search function: You can now search through your sentences when browsing through a deck. Just input some Japanese and any card where that Japanese appears will show up. Useful for practicing specific words/grammar.
– Goals feature: set goals for when you want to finish a deck, and automatically be given out daily tasks to help you meet those goals.
– Referral Code system: when people sign up for new accounts there is now a referral code option. If you recommend Jalup Next to other people, and they sign up/buy decks through the system, you will get a percentage of the sales from their purchases. Currently, getting your referral code (what you give to others) is a manual process, so send me a direct e-mail if you are interested. More details to come soon.
– The deck and # a card comes from appears during reviews for easy reference. When referencing a card in a support email, it saves us a lot of time if you can say something like KC220 or JB534.
– Jalup Maximum Package now available: includes Jalup Beginner, Jalup Intermediate, Kanji Kingdom
Jalup Intermediate Audio is now up!
It’s been a bit quiet for now on updates, but we are continuing to work hard on development.
● New major feature: Group map explorer.
● Jalup Beginner audio completely updated for all 1,000 cards!
● Started work on Jalup Advanced. We’re going to finish all the linking first before uploading it to Jalup NEXT. Expect about a month till it will be ready.
● Bug fixed: review session screens not working.
● Bug fixed: issue with audio playing all at once when browsing on frozen cards pages
● Bug fixed: issue in reviews with card audio playing before a card is flipped (on the front side of a card). If you still are having the issue, please let us know.
● New feature: Kana Conqueror now has 2 sound icons (1 for the kana, 1 for the sentence)
● All Kana Conqueror cards have been re-recorded in much better quality.
● We are currently working on re-recording Jalup Beginner cards (expect a week or so) and then Jalup Intermediate will follow shortly afterwards.