Upon request from a few readers who were struggling with the amount of time it took to set up the Anki deck the way I recommended, I’ve decided to upload my own personal Anki kanji deck to this site for people to use. This deck takes the lengthy and difficult changes I’ve made over the years and provides it to you in one easy to use package.
Before you download
If you plan on using this deck, you absolutely need to read this post before starting so you know how to use it properly. Also I recommend reading this post discussing what happened to a lot of the standard kanji.
What is in this crazy deck of yours?
– RTK1 + RTK3 kanji with all of the unnecessary kanji deleted. Total kanji = 1901
– Common Japanese keywords to all kanji.
– Hints for problem areas with RTK: 1) similar English keywords, 2) homonyms where you don’t know which meaning of the keyword was intended, 3) English keywords that you’ve never heard of before.
– All stats reset to 0, so it is instantly ready to use.
I’ve already started/finished RTK on Anki. Anything I can do?
I recommend doing what I did. Rather than go back and try to change everything at once, which will only cause headaches, change it as you go. Whenever you get a kanji card wrong on a later review, either delete it if it is an unnecessary kanji or add the Japanese keyword so you can remember it better.
Please don’t upload this to other websites
This deck took a long time to build up, so I ask you that you don’t upload this deck to other places on the internet such as the Anki shared decks server. This is a Japanese Level Up exclusive. Feel free to link to this post on your website, but don’t link directly to the download only.
Hopefully this deck will allow new Japanese learners to take a powerful dive into the language without any boring, technical setbacks.
Versions (Updated 11/5/2015):
● English Version
● English Version 2 (with JALUP user Tgatz organizing the cards by RTK 6th edition lessons using tags)
● Deutsche Version
● Missing Keywords (JALUP user Jacob H provides all the cards that were removed by me)
Latest posts by Adam (see all)
- Using Audible Japan to Shadow and Immerse in Japanese - 03/23/2017
- Should I Study Vocabulary in Addition to Jalup Beginner? - 03/19/2017
- Jalup Updates – Goals, Search, Audio, and More - 03/16/2017