You want to know your Japanese level, down to the exact specific details, analyze all your skills, and gauge your progress? The Test Your Might series was designed to be a broad general sweep of measuring your ability. However people have asked for something more concrete, broken down into easy quantifiable portions, and a fun challenge.
Japanese Power Level Test will do just that.
The test is designed to be most accurate for users of the Jalup Trio (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced), as all test items will be based off of what you are learning there (and the order that it is learned). However this test series should still be useful to any Japanese learner regardless of the resources they use.
Directions (*Important Read*)
Reading: Write out the full sentence in kana.
Writing: Fill in the missing blank(s) with the most appropriate characters/word(s)
Listening: Listen to the audio sentence. Then transcribe (write out) the full sentence in either kana or kanji.
Speaking: Listen to the audio sentence. If the blank comes before the audio, say out loud what would result in the audio response. If the blank comes after the audio, say out loud what would be the most natural response to the audio.
I try to limit the realm of possibilities to only a few answers, but since it isn’t multiple choice, there will always be other possibilities. If you come up with a different answer, and want to know if this is also a correct, leave a comment below.
1. Each question is worth 1 base point.
2. When a question has multiple blanks or kanji, each blank or kanji is worth a fraction of a point (ex. .50, .33, .25, .20, etc).
3. In “Writing” and “Listening,” if there is kanji in the blank(s), and you can write them all out, add 0.25 bonus points (give yourself 1.25 points total)
Passing score for Round 1: Jalup Beginner User: 6, Jalup Intermediate User: 6.5, Jalup Advanced User: 7
Highest achievable score w/kanji bonus: 10.75
Passed? Your Japanese level is: 6+
Get out a sheet of paper and begin!
Latest posts by Adam (see all)
- Keeping the End in Sight - 02/23/2017
- Jalup Anki Decks – Massive Version Upgrade - 02/22/2017
- Visiting the Filming Locations of your Favorite Japanese TV Shows - 02/14/2017