In 2012-2013, I was a correspondence reporter for the popular Japanese TV variety show 笑ってコラえて. There was originally an in depth, 7-part series posted on JALUP chronicling the story, but unfortunately this series had to be taken down due to a producer’s request, as apparently you aren’t supposed to reveal all the secrets behind how a major TV show is produced. Go figure…
But an ultra abbreviated, simple summary is okay. So to sum up:
– On Craig’s list, I found an ad for an audition for a Japanese variety TV show filming in New York City where I live.
– I auditioned, got the part, and started filming the next day.
– I traveled around the New England area for weeks, acting as an on air correspondence reporter, actor, and interpreter.
– I learned the ins and outs of how a variety show is made.
– I got to talk with 仲間由紀恵, star of Trick and Gokusen.
– I did gourmet reports at a lot of famous restaurants
– I re-enacted the entire Rocky skit in Philadelphia
– I dressed up as George Washington and did a history tour of DC
July 4th, 2012
August 8th, 2012
January 23rd, 2013
August 28, 2013
If you have any questions about my experience, feel free to ask in the comments!
Latest posts by Adam (see all)
- Jalup App – Kanji Assist - 08/20/2019
- Why Studying with an SRS App is Overpowered #2: Randomness Breeds Creativity - 08/13/2019
- Jalup to 10k? – Interest Survey - 08/10/2019