Thank you so much to everyone that contributed!
The first 1,000 audio files for Jalup Expert have now been completed, and sent out to the people who made the pre-order and own Jalup Expert. A bunch of Expert content has been updated as well, and the structure of the cards now resembles the other deck updates. Refer to this post on how to update your Jalup Expert deck without losing progress. Please send me an e-mail if you did not receive it. Remember, you need to have actually purchased Expert in the past to receive the audio update.
I will also start taking pre-orders for the second thousand cards (1001-2000). The process will be exactly the same, with the order count and deadline listed at the bottom of this post.
Recently on the Jalup Anki Ultimate Version update post, a discussion started about whether Jalup Expert audio was ever coming. I responded that there were no plans for it. I completely understand that good Japanese learning audio is gold, and the more there is the better. However, high quality audio is expensive, and Jalup Expert isn’t exactly small. On top of that, any advanced learner material has a much smaller user base, so it becomes even harder to produce.
After a number of requests, I’ve decided to try for Jalup Expert audio what we did here for Jalup Expert itself. For those of you who weren’t around at the time, Jalup Expert was solely created based on request, and a pre-order system. People placed pre-orders for each Jalup Expert stage, and if a certain number of people made the pre-orders, I created the next stage.
How this will work
The way we create audio here is not as simple as just reading a sentence and you are done. Each sentence is read many times to get the best version. Then it is edited for interfering background sounds or non-intended voice sounds (like breathing). After they are all recorded, I check over every sentence comparing the audio with the source. Mistakes or problems lead to many re-edits.
Because of the size of this, I need to split the audio up into 2 pre-orders, each one covering 1,000 cards.
This is the order of events for part 2:
1. Twelve purchases of Jalup Expert Audio pre-orders need to be made
2. This number needs to be met by May 6th, 2018. If it is not, everyone will get a full refund, and it will be cancelled.
3. Production will start once there are 12 purchases, and will take 2-4 weeks to complete from the start date.
4. Multiple purchases by one person are allowed. If you really are dying for the audio, and there isn’t enough support, you can give double support, counting towards the total number.
5. Assuming everything is successfully completed, you will be required to forward a receipt of your Jalup Expert deck purchase (whether package, or individual items). A previous purchase of Jalup Expert is required to receive the audio.
6. You will receive Jalup Expert Stages 5-8 (1,000 cards) with the finished 1,000 audio files included. If you just want the files themselves, you can just copy and paste them from your media folder.
Anki or NEXT?
Right now, this is for Jalup Anki only. I can still provide you the audio files (in .mp3 format) for your use even if you are using Jalup NEXT. But you won’t be able to access them on Jalup NEXT directly.
People who want the audio later but don’t make a pre-order now
It will be available at the same price below, sometime after it is released to all the people who pre-order it. However, if you want this to have a chance of success, please don’t wait.
Current Pre-Orders for the Second Round: 12 of 12
Part 2 Pre-orders have been met. Thank you! Work will begin shortly on producing the audio.
Latest posts by Adam (see all)
- Free Japanese Novels that are Really Good Reads - 01/14/2019
- Overcoming the Many Good Things – One Bad Thing Ratio - 01/12/2019
- Japanese Learners – Which RPG Class do you Belong to? - 01/06/2019