Want to increase your Japanese immersion time and decrease the wasting of time? Never got around to doing it? Maybe you don’t have the motivation. Or you don’t want to go at it alone. Or maybe you just need a good push.
It’s time to gather the next group of people who are trying to accomplish a specific major milestone in their Japanese studying, set a reasonable but challenging time frame, and reach for a grand win together.
Challenge: Replace 1 time-waster with 1 immersion-piece for 1 month (April 1-30).
Daily, everyone has things in their life that they don’t need to be doing, they realize just waste time, but yet are habits that are so hard to escape from. At the same time, everyone who wants to try immersion needs to find time for it, but often has trouble. This is a two-pronged attack.
Time-waster: you spend 20 minutes a day checking your Facebook (or Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat/etc.)
Immersion-replacement: watch 20 minutes of anime
Time-waster: you spend 45 minutes every night watching a Western TV show.
Immersion-replacement: spend 45 minutes watching a Japanese drama.
This is only for a month. Which means you give yourself the leeway to return to that time-waster after the month. But there is a good chance you won’t. Especially if you’ve managed to remove it for a full month.
1. Leave a comment below to this post by March 31st
– Your level
– What specific daily time-waster item are you going to replace?
– What type of immersion are you going to put in its place?
– Briefly explain why you are joining this challenge (ex. this can be as simple as “I want to kick some immersion ass.”
2. Come back on April 30th
Under your original comment leave a reply and include:
– Whether you were able to succeed for the full month (or how far you got).
– Reflect on your experience (issues, struggle, discoveries, etc).
Anywhere during the month, leave comments at the bottom discussing anything during the challenge. Maybe you want some advice, are having trouble with something, or just need to know you are doing things right. This is the place to engage with your fellow Immersion Replacement members. Anyone outside the challenge is also free to join in this discussion if they want to help.
Hall Of Honor
Everyone who completes these challenges will have their name added to this special page on Jalup, used to show the great achievements of those who have fought and won the hard battles.
Up for the challenge?
Current Immersion Replacement Challengers
Latest posts by Adam (see all)
- How a Jalup Deck is Made – Behind the Scenes - 04/16/2019
- Jalup Group Challenge 14: One Thousand J-J Cards in Three Months - 04/09/2019
- Is Jalup Intermediate Too Hard? - 04/04/2019