Want to increase your manga reading pace but never got around to doing it? Maybe you don’t have the motivation. Or you don’t want to go at it alone. Or maybe you just need a good push.
It’s time to gather the next group of people who are trying to accomplish a specific major milestone in their Japanese studying, set a reasonable but challenging time frame, and reach for a grand win together.
Challenge: Complete 10 manga volumes in one month (May 1-31).
Interesting in being a part of Manga Mayhem? Here’s how it’ll work:
1. Leave a comment below to this post by April 30th
– Your level
– What’s your experience with manga?
– What manga series will you be choosing?
– Briefly explain any game plan/strategy you may have
2. Come back at or before May 31st
Under your original comment leave a reply and include:
– Whether you were able to complete the 10 volumes, or how far you got.
– Reflect on your experience (issues, struggle, discoveries, etc)
Anywhere during the month, leave comments at the bottom discussing anything during the challenge. Maybe you want some advice, are having trouble with something, or just need to know you are doing things right.
Hall Of Honor
Everyone who completes these challenges will have their name added to this special page on Jalup, used to show the great achievements of those who have fought and won the hard battles.
Up for the challenge?
Current Manga Mayhem Challengers
Founder of Jalup. iOS Software Engineer. Former attorney, translator, and interpreter. Still watching 月曜から夜ふかし weekly since 2013.