Want to increase your news reading pace but never got around to doing it? Maybe you don’t have the motivation. Or you don’t want to go at it alone. Or maybe you just need a good push.
It’s time to gather the next group of people who are trying to accomplish a specific major milestone in their Japanese studying, set a reasonable but challenging time frame, and reach for a grand win together.
Challenge: Complete 31 online news articles in one month (July 1-31).
Interesting in being a part of Navigating the News? Here’s how it’ll work:
1. Leave a comment below to this post by June 30th
– Your level
– What’s your experience with news?
– What news sites will you use?
– Briefly explain any game plan/strategy you may have
*Examples: http://www.livedoor.com/, http://jp.techcrunch.com/, http://www.cnn.co.jp/, http://jp.wsj.com/home-page, http://www.asahi.com/, http://www.mainichi.co.jp/, http://jp.ign.com/
*Any news site is valid. Kids news, anime news, video game news, sports news, etc. Whatever you like to read.
2. Come back at or before July 31st
Under your original comment leave a reply and include:
– Whether you were able to complete the 31 news articles, or how far you got.
– Reflect on your experience (issues, struggle, discoveries, etc)
Anywhere during the month, leave comments at the bottom discussing anything during the challenge. Maybe you want some advice, are having trouble with something, or just need to know you are doing things right.
Hall Of Honor
Everyone who completes these challenges will have their name added to this special page on Jalup, used to show the great achievements of those who have fought and won the hard battles.
Up for the challenge?