Have you been learning hundreds or thousands of sentences from Jalup Beginner? You get them. You understand them. You’ve made them yours. But when you step out into the real world you may feel you don’t have enough practice. You haven’t gotten enough listening outside of the Beginner decks. You’ve never been in a situation where you will use what you’ve learned. You need to put yourself in more actual Japanese situations.
Enter Jalup Situations
Take just the Japanese you’ve learned from Beginner, and without any outside knowledge, have real, meaningful conversations.
Jalup Situations provides you with situations in which you would have a somewhat lengthy talk with someone. Each situation is around 10 to 12 sentences long, and is something that you would speak all by yourself, covering a specific topic.
Similar to Jalup Stories – Beginner, every single word comes form the Jalup Beginner series, so this is an excellent way to practice and confirm everything you’ve learned, in a whole new way. It also will show you that just having those 1,000 cards under your belt opens you up to a wide range of possibilities. Thought you were just learning grammar? Of course not. You are ready for a number of common situations:
1. A decent sized self-introduction
2. My family
3. Likes and dislikes
4. School life
5. My job
6. My daily diary
7. Being sick
8. My dream
9. Something good that happened to me lately
10. A phrase I find very useful
11. A strange personal hobby
1. Work environment
2. My company
3. Having a complex
4. Difficult and easy to do
5. Hanging with friends
6. Sharing your opinion
7. Japanese study
8. My dog
What’s inside Jalup Situations?
● Each stage has 10 or 11 full situation audio files (each around 10-12 sentences long)
● In each stage, the situations are also then broken down into 120 (Stage 1) and 101 (Stage 2) audio files of single sentence audio
● PDF/Excel/Word file of all the sentences found in the situations
To add to this, I’m offering a new Anki audio deck format. One of the things I’m aware of about Jalup Beginner, is that since the front of the card tests you on your ability to read and pronounce the sentence, your listening ability doesn’t grow as fast. While you hear the card on the back, you are never tested on it.
The Jalup Situations Anki decks will solely test you on your ability to hear and understand each sentence, without any visual aid. The front of the card is the audio. The back of the card is the Japanese sentence. This should provide a much needed boost to your early listening ability.
● Audio Anki deck – Stage 1 (120 cards), Stage 2 (101 cards)
Having a problem? Puzzled about a word or sentence? Ask me about it by e-mail.
*Need more Jalup Beginner practice? Don’t forget to check out Jalup Stories – Beginner as well!
Didn’t like it? Send an e-mail within 30 days after purchasing and ask for a 100% refund.
Get into a situation
Let Japanese become more real for you.
Latest posts by Adam (see all)
- 8 Ways to Make the Most out of a Japanese Tutor Session - 12/14/2018
- Are you Setting a Dangerous Daily Flash Card Goal? - 12/07/2018
- Why you Must Move Past Cards you don’t Understand - 11/29/2018