Manga Quiz: 食戟のソーマ
Passing Score: 4
1. Read each manga page.
2. Figure out the missing kanji/kana that is covered by red circles (use the surrounding panels for hints).
3. Leave your answer guesses in a comment below (ex. 1. 古い, 2. つまらない, 3… 4…)
4. If you don’t know an answer, leave a question mark or blank.
5. Add in your own answers before looking at other comments.
6. Correct answers will be revealed at the bottom of this quiz 2 days after the quiz has been released. Come back and check your score.
Quiz #: 1 ● 2 ● 3 ● 4 ● 5 ● 6 ● 7
Founder of Jalup. iOS Software Engineer. Former attorney, translator, and interpreter. Still watching 月曜から夜ふかし weekly since 2013.
I think I got all of them.
Btw, I have a question. 背負う is read as [せおう], right? Then why does in the second image, the furigana for 背負 is 「しま」?
All the same for me, except I had no clue on #6.
And my guess for the reading of 背負 – there are times when an author will have the character say something with an unclear meaning, but have it as furigana above kanji that more clearly illustrate what they’re referring to.
For example, you might see “騎士団” with furigana of “あいつら”, because the latter is what the character is actually saying, but the former is what he or she is referring to and the author wants to emphasize that. It’s also pretty common to do it to give meaning to made-up technology terms (like 導力結晶 has furigana of “クオーツ” in the 英雄伝説 series).
In my dictionary it’s: しょう. Of which I find interesting…
As in, 鴨がねぎをしょって来る。 (笑)
6. No clue
I’m really surprised I actually was able to guess any at all
6. *I have no clue.
I am surprised how many of these popped into my head without thinking… I guess immersion is working!
Got all of them but can’t figure out the いさ・よく one.
Haha, I’m reading through this series right now in the Chinese edition – 食戟之靈！