A long, long time ago here on Jalup (2012), I ran a service called “Personal Japanese Advisor.” I offered a small handful of spots a month as time allowed. People would fill out a long questionnaire about their Japanese studying, and I would give them personal advice on how to improve and set them on the right path. It was done through a doc exchange (they filled it out, and then I responded in depth to all their answers). After doing it for a few months, I eventually had to stop it because of the time commitment and my regular day job.
Over the years, I would occasionally get a personal request to help someone directly through a video chat or text chat session, and really get them in gear. And I sometimes made the time to do this. It was fun for me, because as you can probably tell, I get pretty fired up when I talk about Japanese. People say I’m somewhat motivating when they talk to me…
I had always considered bringing this back but just never got around to do it. Well, now I’m getting around to doing it. I am going to once again offer personal Japanese advisor sessions. It’s going to be completely different than the original way I did it in 2012. When I did do it, people preferred direct live contact with me, rather than just an exchange of emails.
These are not “Japanese lessons,” because you are better off getting practice with some natives using one of the many cheap options available online. This is setting you straight on your Japanese journey. I know quite a bit about studying Japanese. This isn’t just because “I did it myself.” That doesn’t mean that much, unless I can repeat that with other people. I’ve exchanged emails with thousands of Japanese learners over the years, so I know how to individually make sure you will succeed.
Personal Japanese Advising sessions will cover:
1. How to make your studying better
2. Troubles and Concerns
3. Tools/tricks/techniques/resources to help you out
Of course, I am open to anything you want to talk about. This is meant to be “personal.”
How to Register
1. You purchase a session.
2. E-mail me with:
- Your available times you have during the week/weekend (please use Pacific Standard Time in listing your availability).
- Whether you want a video chat, voice chat, or text chat. Depending on this choice, either provide me your Skype ID or Line ID.
3. I’ll email you or message you (through Line), to choose one of your available times and verify the session.
4. We have an awesome talk that will change your Japanese learner life forever…
New Format (as of 9/22/2018)
There is no longer a questionnaire or lengthy research/discussion before an actual session. Going into the session, you will lead what you want to talk about. You’ll be prepared with questions, concerns, worries you want to discuss with me. This new format will allow you to guide the session exactly the way you want, and prevent me from talking/explaining too much.
Who is this for? You…
– Want personalized guidance
– Want to be as fast and efficient as possible in your studying, right from the start.
– Need an extra push and motivation.
– Are in a slump, and need a firm game plan.
– Have reached a plateau and need help pushing forward.
– Can’t seem to get started properly in studying Japanese.
Get a session now!
● $149.99 – Single Session (1 hour)
1. Our actual 1 hour discussion
2. The ability to ask me any short follow-up questions through LINE or e-mail after a session.
*Cancellations may be made up to 48 hours before a session is scheduled to start. You can reschedule a properly cancelled session.
Latest posts by Adam (see all)
- Can you use WaniKani with Jalup? - 01/15/2020
- If You don’t Love Studying Japanese, then it is Not for You? - 01/10/2020
- I Must Read and Watch this Fun Thing Daily! - 01/05/2020