Recently I was contacted by John Dinkel, who runs the podcast/sites Manga-Sensei and Discover Nihongo. I took a look at his material, liked what he was doing, and decided to appear on his podcast. He is a down to earth guy, sharing his Japanese knowledge daily through his podcast and website in an honest and fresh way, and I wanted to help out.
It was a great fun time, and I think that our discussion could provide some useful information for anyone up for a listen. It’s around 40 minutes long, with the first half in English, and the second half in Japanese.
Some of the topics discussed:
1. The origins of Jalup
2. Not getting cheated on your freelance translation
3. The frustration and struggles with learning Japanese
4. Accepting difficulty
5. The dark side of Genki (?)
6. How I created some of the Jalup Decks
9. How I would restart Japanese
10. Dealing with a lack of confidence and fear of speaking Japanese
Check out the podcast below:
Subscribe and give John’s websites a look as well. I’d like to see his audience grow, because I can tell that he is going to continue to bring more and more value to all of the Japanese learners out there.
Also, if you want to hear me talk more in Japanese about everything you could ever possibly want to know, don’t forget to check out the brand new Adam & Yuki audio series on Patreon.
Latest posts by Adam (see all)
- Should you Read Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings in Japanese? - 03/18/2019
- How Many Reviews till Fluency? - 03/07/2019
- Achieving Your Japanese Goals – March 2019 - 02/24/2019