Japan has some interesting (?) illnesses. 中二病 (ちゅうにびょう) or “Junior High School 2nd Year Illness” is running rampant. And it’s not just limited to Junior High School students. It could be inflicting you, right now.
Let’s take this essential quiz right away to diagnose yourself.
1. Are you happy when people tell you that you are different?
2. When your favorite musician suddenly hits it big, do you suddenly lose interest?
3. Do you praise manga that has been cut from serial publication?
4. Do you unnecessarily add kanji to phrases that usually don’t have it?
5. Is your hobby observing people?
6. Do you have a fantasy nickname for yourself, like Dark-Wing?
If you answer yes to all of the above, you may be in trouble.
What is 中二病？
It’s when you believe that you are different from other people. That you are special. You speak your own minority opinion. You come from some environment that makes you stand out. You find the similarities of how your life is similar to the main hero of an anime or manga.
And now you know.
Not so bad? Inflicted with 中二病? I think everyone is to some minor extent.
Latest posts by Adam (see all)
- Obligation Language Learning vs. Passion Language Learning - 05/24/2018
- How to Shadow when you Can’t Shadow - 05/19/2018
- Can you Pass the JLPT Without Studying for it? - 05/15/2018