Ducktales: A Nintendo game with the noble goal of gathering as much money and treasure as possible by stamping on every living thing in sight with your expensively made cane. And Scrooge needs that money. Gotta swim in something right? Let’s take a look at 5 interesting translation choices. Leave your comments below with why you think they made these decisions.
5. Might as well change the title completely
わんぱくダック夢冒険: “The Naughty Duck Dream Adventure.”
4. Where’d you come from Africa?
Japanese version of the third stage:
3. The Newspaper article covering Scrooge’s adventure
Scrooge becomes the richest duck in the world!
Explorer Scrooge obtained the 5 treasures and became the richest duck in the world.
You are great!
2. We’re so happy for you
Huey Dewey and Louie: “Uncle Scrooge, we’re glad you found the treasure.”
Scrooge: “The truth is, there is a more important treasure. That treasure is…
1. And that more important treasure is?
(Japanese version on the right)
Yeah… I don’t know. Feeling a little bit unsatisfied here.
Latest posts by Adam (see all)
- Should you Read Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings in Japanese? - 03/18/2019
- How Many Reviews till Fluency? - 03/07/2019
- Achieving Your Japanese Goals – March 2019 - 02/24/2019