When you reach a low point in your studies, you may begin to question yourself:
Will I ever be fluent in Japanese?
Is it even possible for foreigners to learn Japanese fluently?
Japanese is impossible, why am I even trying anymore?
I always found watching videos of other foreigners speaking fluent Japanese to be great motivation. It gave me an image of where I could see myself in a few years. If they could do it, I could do it.
I also highly recommend Japanese-speaking foreigners found in movies and TV. Here are 2 movies I really liked:
ダーリンは外国人(Darling Wa Gaikokujin)
– There are a bunch of clips that were put up on YouTube to promote the movie that interview fluent foreigners, and are very fun to watch. Here is one below. And of course check out the actual movie.
Big Dreams Little Tokyo
– This is a very strange movie, but very fun for anyone with aspirations for awesome Japanese or becoming a translator. Here is a YouTube promotion clip of the movie:
There are a lot more great foreigners out there in movies and TV speaking Japanese which I can’t recall at the moment, so if you have any other recommendations, please leave them in the comments area for the benefit of others.
Latest posts by Adam (see all)
- Interesting vs. Understandable – Which is More Important? - 02/14/2019
- Jalup App – Notes Feature and Jalup Champion - 02/05/2019
- Final Fantasy A+ still Motivating Students of Japanese - 02/01/2019