As you probably know, I read a lot of Japanese books. However, I’m not especially fond of writing about (reviewing) those books. I’ve done so in the past, but stopped over 6 months ago due to lack of motivation to continue. I want to continue, in a way that makes it easier on me, but still beneficial to you. So I will try the following:
1. Ultra brief summaries. Most people decide if something sounds interesting to them in a line or 2. So rather than write out detailed blurbs, I’ll keep it extremely short.
2. Instead of trying to somehow organize the books I’ve read into specific topics that fit together into a nice category, I thought it would be simply easier to have an ongoing list of recent books I have finished, enjoyed and recommend.
1. アムリタ (Amrita & Immortality)
Japanese Level: ☆☆☆
An aspiring movie director finds a way to create a movie so powerful it can “resurrect” her dead boyfriend.
2. 舞面真面とお面の女 (Maitsura Matomo and The Masked Woman)
Japanese Level: ☆☆☆☆☆
When 3 puzzles are left in a will, leading to a presumed fortune, a family must try to come together to solve them and receive their deserving inheritance.
Japanese Level: ☆☆☆☆
Creating a movie that will completely change the world requires some sacrifice along the way. There are only two that matter. Who will they be?
4. 鈴木ごっこ (Let’s Play Suzuki)
Japanese Level: ☆☆
Pretend you are a member of the Suzuki family and your massive debt shall be forgiven in return. After living together for a year, an unexpected fate awaits the new Suzuki family.
5. サバイバー (Survivor)
Japanese Level: ☆☆
The apocalypse hits with no warning or reason and Japan becomes a wasteland. This is the comedic and dramatic story of people and their interactions as they experience the end of the world.
Latest posts by Adam (see all)
- The Difference Between 嫌 and 嫌い - 09/19/2017
- Jalup Situations – Beginner - 09/07/2017
- When it’s More Fun to Read about Japanese than Study it - 09/04/2017