Ever get asked by a Japanese person “what is your favorite color?” Colors? Thrilling conversation at its finest. You aren’t thinking about answering that life-changing question with a 赤 (red) or 青 (blue), are you?
It’s time to dip into the ultra rare colors. The ones that will leave your head in a permanent tilt of “what the…”
10. 長春色 (ちょうしゅんいろ): long spring
9. 江戸茶 (えどちゃ): Edo era tea
8. 洒落柿色 (しゃれがきいろ): stylish persimmon
7. 梅鼠色 (うめねずみいろ): plum blossom mouse
6. 紅消鼠 (べにけしねずみ): red-erasing mouse
5. 憲法色 (けんぽういろ) the constitution of Japan
4. 生壁色 (なまかべいろ): undried wall
3. 千歳緑 (せんざいみどり): thousand year old green
2. 偽紫: (偽紫) : fake purple
1. 虫襖色 (むしあおいろ): insect screen
Yes. These are all real colors.
I would show you what these colors are, but that would just ruin the fun. Use your imagination. Or Google Images.
You are now ready to answer the age-old color question with mastery.
Latest posts by Adam (see all)
- Achieving Your Japanese Goals – June 2017 - 05/25/2017
- 6 Annoying Ways Japanese Courses are Advertised - 05/22/2017
- My (Girl/Boy)friend says I’m Studying the Wrong Way - 05/19/2017