Ever get asked by a Japanese person “what is your favorite color?” Colors? Thrilling conversation at its finest. You aren’t thinking about answering that life-changing question with a 赤 (red) or 青 (blue), are you?
It’s time to dip into the ultra rare colors. The ones that will leave your head in a permanent tilt of “what the…”
10. 長春色 (ちょうしゅんいろ): long spring
9. 江戸茶 (えどちゃ): Edo era tea
8. 洒落柿色 (しゃれがきいろ): stylish persimmon
7. 梅鼠色 (うめねずみいろ): plum blossom mouse
6. 紅消鼠 (べにけしねずみ): red-erasing mouse
5. 憲法色 (けんぽういろ) the constitution of Japan
4. 生壁色 (なまかべいろ): undried wall
3. 千歳緑 (せんざいみどり): thousand year old green
2. 偽紫: (偽紫) : fake purple
1. 虫襖色 (むしあおいろ): insect screen
Yes. These are all real colors.
I would show you what these colors are, but that would just ruin the fun. Use your imagination. Or Google Images.
You are now ready to answer the age-old color question with mastery.
Latest posts by Adam (see all)
- Feeling as Comfortable in Japanese as you do in English - 08/17/2017
- Not Seeing any Improvement in your Japanese? - 08/11/2017
- Unable to Recall Multiple Parts of One Card - 08/04/2017