The best method to become a Japanese master is the one that efficiently and enjoyably gets you where you want to be before the thought of giving up ever crosses your mind. Here, we don’t learn Japanese; we play it. It’s a challenging series of puzzles, created one sentence at a time.
I had created a series of online flash card sentence decks with the goal of getting you from zero to fluent, in as little time as possible. I approached it by imagining what kind of tool I would want to use, and went from there. However, I’ve always wanted to turn it into something more. I thought of everything I would want in a Japanese learning application: Intuitive. Fun. Efficient. Intelligent. Customized. Gamified. Collaborative.
The possibilities that awaited were endless. And those possibilities begin… now.
Future Features & Development Goals
● Add/link all of Jalup Intermediate
● Average stage/deck completion time (based on user data)
● Average stage/deck difficulty (based on user data)
● Average difficulty of specific cards (based on user data)
● Adventures (pre-made goals with set time limits – receive daily quests based on your current joined adventure – final boss tests – finishing adventures award you with experience, levels and badges)
● Add/link all of Jalup Advanced/Expert
● Weakness analysis: having trouble with cards that use X word or Y grammar pattern? Jalup NEXT will compile weakness reports as you review cards to target your problem areas.
● Deck Marketplace: a place to create original decks, buy and sell them, all through the platform.
● Record (re-record) all sentences with multiple voice actors and multiple styles (male, female, anime, newscaster, etc.) , so you can choose from the options how you want your sentences read to you.
● Ultra-gamification (character creation, world building, tools/weapons/items, etc.)
● Deck Recommendation analysis: by looking at what cards you have reviewed, and comparing that to new decks that are created by users in the marketplace, we can rank whether you are ready for a specific deck or not.
● Native media recommendation analysis: by looking at what cards you have reviewed, and comparing them with TV show scripts, or manga, or subtitles, we can rank whether you are ready for specific material, and an estimate of what percentage you will understand.
● Anki deck converter: For those that have used Anki decks, we’ll convert that progress into Jalup NEXT.
● Start trying to acquire licenses for Japanese manga, anime, movies, etc. and start connecting them to our platform to enable you to learn Japanese through them
Show your support
We are going the self-funded route here. The more we expand, the more time/money required. Having a lot of users supporting the app through sales revenue is important for it to have a chance to succeed.
Join. Tell your friends to join. Leave a review in the comments section below. Leave a review on another site. If Japanese Level Up has provided any value to you over the past 6 years, I humbly ask you for your support here. We want Jalup NEXT to have the best chance of success possible, and this requires the help of all of you. If you want this app to do everything you’ve only dreamed of in the past, spread the word. Let’s make this an unstoppable juggernaut.
We also have created a Patreon account, which allows you to pledge a small monthly amount in order to assist us in achieving our future goals even faster than before. Through our Patreon page, you’ll get access to our activity feed, see how we are continually developing things, and can comment/discuss with us the future of Jalup NEXT.
A few other things
Let’s do this.
I promise you: this is going to blow your Japanese learning mind.