If you have noticed the lack of post updates lately here, it’s because I’ve been busy at work on the Android version of the Jalup App. As with the iPhone version, I decided to build it up from the ground by myself, and since I was new to Android development (and Android in general), it took quite a while. But I am now happy to say that it is now live on Google Play!
The app is modeled off of the iPhone Version. The major difference is that the Android version hasn’t caught up with the iPhone version yet in terms of features. The iPhone App was released in May this year and has had a ton of functionality and development done in the months since. Rather than delay the Android App for another 6 months, I wanted to get it out with the most vital functionality first, ready to use. As of the initial live release:
1. All the decks available on the iPhone
Kana Conqueror (Stroke order diagrams not yet added)
Kanji Kingdom (Stroke order diagrams not yet added)
2. Learning and Reviewing, the full Jalup SRS system, and the same style and design as the iPhone App
3. Card Linking
4. Complete offline access (except when making a purchase)
5. Import and Export, backup functionality. With the ability to edit your own progress however you want.
6. Ability to reset your progress within app
All other features found on the iPhone will be added in.
iPhone & Android, & Jalup NEXT
The iPhone app, as always will continue to be updated and advanced. I have been working on minor improvements as I’ve been developing the Android version. But once the Android release settles down soon, both will be moving forward together. Android will play a lot of catch-up, and iPhone will blaze forward.
Jalup NEXT will still be supported, but it is highly recommended that you move over to one of the mobile apps.
If you made a purchase on Jalup NEXT, Anki, or the iOS version
You will be able to have your purchase(s) transferred over to the new Android App, for free.
- Anki users, please send me a receipt by e-mail with your request.
- NEXT users, send a screenshot of your purchases (from the Account Tab) and/or your Jalup NEXT e-mail.
If you made a purchase on Jalup NEXT or the iOS/Android version
You will be able to fully transfer your progress from Jalup NEXT to either mobile app version. You can also transfer progress between iOS and Android.
- In order to transfer from Jalup NEXT, you’ll need to e-mail me a request, and provide me the e-mail of your Jalup NEXT account. I’ll send you a .csv file of your Jalup NEXT data. Then you just need to follow a few simple instructions which I provide, and you’ll be able to upload it directly into the app!
- Transferring between iOS and Android simply requires you to export/import from one to the other.
If you made a purchase on Anki and want to transfer your progress to either mobile App
Currently this isn’t available. I’ve already tested how to do this successfully. However, the problem is right now it is very complex, so I need some time to write up a guide and make it easy for anyone to do.
Q. I think I have access to all the cards even though I didn’t buy anything. What’s going on?
A. The first 100 cards from every level (500 in total) are free. No purchase is required to use these.
Q. If I buy Jalup Maximum on either mobile app now, will I get access to Expert, Hero, and Master when they are released?
A. Yes, if you purchase Maximum now on either mobile app, you will be able to download them for free when they are released.
Jalup on Android? Yes :)
Latest posts by Adam (see all)
- Interesting vs. Understandable – Which is More Important? - 02/14/2019
- Jalup App – Notes Feature and Jalup Champion - 02/05/2019
- Final Fantasy A+ still Motivating Students of Japanese - 02/01/2019